The Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the renovations to transform 165 Mercer, the historic Henry Fernbach-designed cast-iron building originally built in 1871, into office and retail use complete with a penthouse. The building in its current form rises five stories, 85' and features 28,834 SF of space and is used as a garage. The renovation, which is being overseen as a joint venture with the owners by Flank, will add a 6th floor duplex penthouse complete with a private terrace. Other renovations include transforming the ground floor and cellar into retail space and the 2nd - 5th floors into office space. Office leasing will be overseen by Cushman & Wakefield with retail leasing overseen by CBRE.